Thursday, January 3, 2008

Parks, Skiing, Camping and Mt. Wilson

Over the last few days I have had a great time. Time to have a bit of a break from visiting observatories and have a bit of a holiday.


On the way out to Sequoia NP I spotted this cute fireplace.


I had to buy chains for the frosty roads.


I had a sunny day unlike the rest of California under the clouds below.


The largest tree in the world.


My camp site at Yosemite.


I had a day of skiing at Badgers Pass.


The great view of Yosemite as I left.

Now back to LA for the next day at Mt. Wilson.


The highlights were the Hooker 100" that changed the world forever. Hubble used it to discover other galaxies and that the universe is expanding.


The 150 foot solar telescope that did most of the early work on the properties of the Sun.

I did some filming at this observatory and I'll have the clips on my site later.

Until next time, Cheers :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The photos look good, boo! xoxo